25 Oct
Copy of Untitled (14)
When Should You Hire an Accountant?

Hiring an accountant will help keep your finances organized and under control so that when it's time for tax season, all of your paperwork will be ready to file.

View more
20 Oct
Copy of Untitled (13)
7 Tips For Non-EU Residents on Tax Preparation Services – UK VAT and E-Commerce Accountancy Services

This blog post covers some of the most common questions we get asked about taxes for Non-EU residents in the UK. It also gives some helpful tips on how to prepare yourself ahead of tax season this year.

View more
15 Oct
Copy of Untitled (12)
Top 5 Benefits of Paying VAT by Bacs – Make your life of VAT tax easier to track your records of payment

There are several ways to make your VAT payments to HMRC. In this article, we look at the benefits of using the Bacs system. Bacs refers to Bank Automated Clearing and is used by a range of businesses to pay their VAT bills. There are several advantages to using the Bacs to pay your VAT bill, but the article looks at five advantages of using the “Bankers’ Automated Clearing Services” (Bacs).

View more
10 Oct
Copy of Untitled (11)
Closing a UK-based Company with Sterlinx

The process of closing a UK company can be time-consuming and costly. It is preferable to ensure that you choose w professional such as Sterlinx Global to handle your affairs. It will not only save you time, but our strong grasp of UK tax and solvency legislation will also enable you to wind down your company with little stress or headaches. 

View more
05 Oct
Copy of Untitled (10)
Three Major Things UK Financial Institutions have to Report

The United Kingdom has two main regulators, which are the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA). They are responsible for the soundness of the UK financial system, especially the banking sector, which is one of the largest contributors to UK GDP.  The Financial Services and Markets Act gives these organizations the right to police institutions and ensure they do not pose a risk to the financial system. 

View more
30 Sep
Copy of Untitled (8)
What income should you consider worth declaring to HMRC

If you are a citizen or foreigner that earns income in the United Kingdom (U.K.), you are required by law to disclose such income to HMRC. It is important to disclose this to avoid paying huge fines. In the event where you work in another country but reside in the U.K. either part-time or permanently,...

View more
25 Sep
Copy of Untitled (7)
VAT Sales vs. Non-VAT Sales: How to Account for Them Separately

As a business selling goods across the United Kingdom (UK), you are sometimes required to pay VAT or exclude items from VAT sales altogether. In some instances, you are required by HMRC to charge a reduced rate on items that are sold to consumers on E-commerce platforms or at physical locations. 

In this article, we look at VAT sales and non-VAT sales and how you may account for them separately in your business. Some businesses may be providing services to charitable organizations, while others may be selling niche children’s clothes that require them to either charge no VAT or a reduced rate. In other to effectively comply with HMRC, you are required to correctly disclose the amount of VAT you charge on goods or services sold by your company. This article will take you through what you need to know in order to account for VAT and non-VAT sales separately.

View more
20 Sep
Do Charities Pay VAT: 5 Myths About Donations?

In this article, we look at some of the common misconceptions regarding charities and VAT payments. This will ensure that you are equipped to plan any donations you envisage and properly understand the tax implications of your gift to a charity.

View more
09 Aug
7 Super Tips on How to Register for VAT
7 Super Tips on How to Register for VAT

As an entrepreneur or business, it is important to have all the necessary information to make the right decision about tax compliance. This article is useful for businesses and entrepreneurs that are looking for a fool-proof way to think about their taxes. 

View more
05 Aug
How Can NonEU Companies Register for a VAT Number
How Can Non-EU Companies Register for a VAT Number?

Even as trade agreements are being announced after BREXIT, some businesses outside the UK and EU are wondering how to register for “Value Added Tax”. For start-ups and new businesses, you might be envisaging entering into the U.K. market and wonder what you need to achieve your goal of expanding into this new market.  Value...

View more